Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Wanna hear a funny story?

Mr Fixit works nights. Sometimes, on Fridays particularly, he is up for 24+ hours straight and is very tired by the time he goes to bed. So we go to bed and he brought up a bowl of popcorn and an iced cold beverage from the fridge and snacked while I dozed off (yeah he eats in bed, but this isn't a "complain about Mr Fixit post". Really it isn't). Shortly after going to sleep I awake to said ice cold beverage soaking my back and the sheet underneath me. He had fallen asleep holding his drink and basically dumped it down my back. I jump out of bed and quickly change my top all while yelling at him in a very unladylike tone to "wake up and help me change the sheets". He is very groggy and has no idea what is going on. It takes him FOREVER to get moving as I pull out clean sheets, start soaking up the liquid and removing bedding. Being jerked awake by an icy drink is somehow much more shocking than the gentle realization that a child peed the bed beside you. It brings out the rage. Looking back on it now it's hilarious, then... not so much. I could see the potential for hilarity but maybe after a good, dry nights sleep.

On the plus side, now we have something new to laugh about and I can hang it over his head for the REST OF OUR LIVES.

Disclosure: I have also done this in my life, but it was room temperature water and it was before we were married so I was the only one affected.

No comments: