Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy 8th anniversary my love

Mr. Fixit and I are high school sweethearts. We were juniors when he came to our school for the second semester. I thought he was cute and made it a point to introduce myself on the first day of class. Mr. Fixit's roomate was a good friend so he just started hanging out in our group. Graduation weekend we spent some time together and he said he'd call me over the summer. Guess what....he did  :)

We officially started dating alumni weekend our senior year Oct 13, 2001. He proposed the summer of 2002 and we were married June 20, 2004 on my grandparents and great grandparents wedding anniversary, in the church my grandfather helped build and where my parents were married.

We were young, and everyone said it was too young to get married. We still had a lot of growing up to do. That we didn't know who we were or what we wanted out of life, and do you know what? They were right! Imagine that. I just figured we'd grow up together and it would only bring us closer and we agreed divorce wasn't an option. Ah youth!!!! We've had some ups and a lot of downs. We've both wanted out but luckily never at the same time.

Today, on our 8th wedding anniversary we are more in love than we've ever been. Young love is fun, it's exciting, it sizzles. Mature love is even better. It's constant and smooth.

We are SO blessed to have added three beautiful children to our family and one we'll hold when we finally go Home! We have a long ways to go in many aspects of our lives but on this day it's smooth sailing. I have confidence that we can weather more storms that are sure to come.

I love you Mr Fixit. Thank you for being my partner, my best friend, the father of my children and the person who can make me mad faster than anyone else on earth. Thanks for the laughs, fixing anything and everything, tag teaming carseats and pjs and taking the kids to swim class today. I can't wait for our hot date tonight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so honest and well written. Happy anniversary to you, and blessings to you in the future!!!

Yurt Dreamin' said...

Thank you Erica!